Friday, July 11, 2014

Plus-sized actors…and their movies to hit my eyes!

I got this idea from the book I will end up reading.  I did skip ahead and one of the tips to appreciate fat, on the bottom of the page, is: "Rent movies with some cool fat actors."  Here are four the author mentioned, plus four I thought of independently.  They are listed with the entire list of films I've seen with them; I am a film buff, so they will all grow I'm sure.

Coincidentally, I'm planning to cast three of them in my big project, which I am determined to have be the first movie made entirely outside Los Angeles.

KATHY BATES
Misery; Fried Green Tomatoes; Dolores Claiborne; Titanic; Primary Colors; Rat Race; Around the World in 80 Days (2004); Little Black Book; Charlotte's Web (2006); Fred Claus; The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008); Revolutionary Road; The Blind Side; Valentine's Day

MARLON BRANDO
The Men; A Streetcar Named Desire; On the Waterfront; Sayonara; One-Eyed Jacks; The Godfather; Last Tango in Paris; Superman; Apocalypse Now

JOHN CANDY
1941; Heavy Metal; Spaceballs; Planes, Trains & Automobiles; The Great Outdoors; The Rescuers Down Under; Home Alone; JFK

OLIVER HARDY
With Laurel: Big Business; Laughing Gravy; The Flying Deuces; The Big Noise
Solo: The Wizard of Oz (1925)

VAL KILMER
Top Gun; Willow; Batman Forever; The Ghost and the Darkness; The Prince of Egypt; Planes

ROSIE O'DONNELL
Sleepless in Seattle; The Flintstones; Tarzan

QUEEN LATIFAH
Chicago; Bringing Down the House; Last Holiday; Stranger Than Fiction; Hairspray; Valentine's Day

WILLIAM SHATNER
Alexander the Great; White Comanche; Star Trek: The Motion Picture; Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan; Airplane II: The Sequel; Star Trek III: The Search for Spock; Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home; Star Trek V: The Final Frontier; Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country; National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1; Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story; Over the Hedge; Escape from Planet Earth

ORSON WELLES ([nar]=narration only)
Citizen Kane; Jane Eyre; The Stranger; The Third Man; The Long, Hot Summer; The Vikings (nar); Touch of Evil; David and Goliath; King of Kings (nar); Chimes at Midnight; A Man for All Seasons; Catch-22; Rikki-Tikki-Tavi (nar); The Muppet Movie

1 comment: